Mobile Device Management (MDM) is an Enterprise Mobile Management software solution that helps monitoring and controlling mobile devices, like tablets and smartphones, in education and business.
Nowadays, every person owns at least one smartphone and that is like having a computer in the pocket.
Mobile devices are a great vulnerability in business security, they have onto a lot of sensitive data, could be around the world and easily lost or stolen.
Thanks to an MDM, devices are secured over-the-air with encryption, passcode and remote data wipe.
What benefits do I have?
First of all, MDM reduces ICT department waste of time, in addition makes business processes simpler and streamlined.
MDM allows to massively:
- apply restrictions
- monitor devices’ status
- deploy contents
- install or uninstall apps
- protect privacy
- set configurations
- increase security
- streamline management and user experience
How it works?
Behind an MDM there’s a management server, the mind that talk with devices, like puppeteers pulling the strings.
iOS has an integrated MDM framework that computes instructions, Android devices need an agent: an app with special permissions that applies all configurations sent by the MDM server.
Devices must be configured in order to communicate with the server, this onboarding procedure is called enrollment.
There are different management methods based on the business cases:
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device)
- COBO (Corporate Owned Business Only)
- Dedicated or single-purpose device
- COPE (Corporate Owned Personal Enabled)
Chimpa MDM is an EMM (Enterprise Mobility Management) solution that is able to guarantee the control of mobile devices, IFPs and VRs visors because:
- streamlines management of iOS, iPadOS, tvOS and Android devices with zero-touch deployments
- is an Android Enterprise validated solution (Google Enterprise Solutions Directory) and its also completely integrated with Apple services
- is a Samsung Knox Validated EMM solution
- supports BYOD, COBO, COPE, single purpose device managements (COSU)
- let IT Admins to manage privacy, policies, apps/content deployment with an easy UX